gatorlitigator

Predictions for Summer 2019 Megabonus

Discussion created by gatorlitigator on May 16, 2019
Latest reply on May 19, 2019 by theskyking

Is it too early to start guessing about the new Megabonus?  With the current one ending on June 4th, I'm actually a bit surprised we haven't seen rampant speculation, so I thought I'd start things off.

1. I don't think we'll see the free elite night  certificates that used to be so common in Megabonuses.  Since a free night certificate is now one of the annual choice benefits, I think Megabonus certs are a thing of the past.

2. I predict it will be a single promotion for everyone rather than the targeted randomness of a few years ago that always led to members calling in to order something different off the menu.

3. I also think that with the Bonvoy changeover being so recent, they won't risk upsetting people who have come to see these Megabonuses as an entitlement.  I remember a few years back they skipped the Summer Megabonus.  bejacob, the resident Megabonus historian, would be able to tell us the exact year, but I believe it was 2015.  I don't think they will do that again this year so close to the merger and with glitches and problems persisting.

So that leaves a point-based promotion that I don't expect to be overly generous.  

My prediction - Get 2,000 bonus points after every second stay plus 1,000 bonus points for any stay that includes a weekend night starting 19 June and ending 15 September.

What say you?

Outcomes