patrick.corridon

Courtyard Oatmeal downgrades

Discussion created by patrick.corridon on May 8, 2019

I am in a Courtyard Marriott for the next 3 days.  I haven't stayed in a CY since last year.  I have been platinum(now titanium) for 8 years.  I have always had a bit of disdain towards the CY brand because I feel like it is a worse hotel then the Hilton Garden Inn.  Primarily because of the fact that they serve horrendous coffee that they want you to pay for and the breakfast is pretty poor and has no option for capturing it for free.  However, it has been consistent in that I know what I am getting when I go to a CY.  

This morning I had a little bit of extra time so I ordered a nasty Sbux coffee and a bowl of oatmeal.  I open up my oatmeal when I get back to my room and to my surprise there is no condiments.  No brown sugar, no nuts...nothing.   I go back down stairs and ask for the brown sugar.  They explain to me that its a policy to no longer provide any condiments with the oatmeal.  Seriously?  I pay 6 dollars for oatmeal that comes completely plain?  If I stay at any of the other Marriott brands that serve breakfast for free or in the lounge...there are toppings for oatmeal.  

The employees looked as dumbfounded as me when I questioned why.  I must say, that there is someone employed fairly high up at Marriott that is destroying the company.  Between the new "bonvoy program" and little things like the oatmeal policy at CY Marriott's...this company is setting up to fail.  

Outcomes