moni1978!

Courtyard by Marriott - Coconut Beach, Kauai (Under Major Renovations)

Discussion created by moni1978! on May 7, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 by threedjmay

Hello All,

I booked five nights at the Courtyard by Marriott-Coconut Beach Kauai, Hi) back in December with my points for a wedding on June 1st. Recently, reading some reviews on the place they are undergoing major renovations and photos basically show this place looking uninhabitable. I have called and emailed and gotten vague responses saying they have no pool, a makeshift restaurant, no spa..etc. They are shuttling people to a pool at a nearby resort.  They are still charging a $20 daily resort fee but I don't see where I will be getting my monies worth. I don't have enough points to cancel and stay at another resort on the island so I know I am stuck. I am also Bonvoy Gold Member. Does anyone know if Marriott Bonvoy can help with the situation like migrate over to another hotel for my points or something along these lines? I have emailed their Customer Service and I am supposed to hear back.  The GM from the hotel said they emailed all Marriott Bonvoy members who booked on points about the renovations and that is an absolute lie because I never got this email. I am just looking for any information or suggestions people may have. Thanks. 

Outcomes