bejacob

Spirit to Serve at St. Pancras Renaissance

Discussion created by bejacob on May 6, 2019
Latest reply on May 15, 2019 by ssindc

Alexandria in the Chamber Club Lounge at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel has the Spirit to Serve.

From the moment we first arrived to the day we left, she epitomized what taking care of guest is all about. We were often greeted by name when she saw us, and she usually took a moment to chat about our travels when things weren't too busy.

Typically there are several Marriott associates working in the lounge, especially during breakfast and in mid-afternoon. Because of the fairly large number of guests and the higher level of personalized service necessary in this particular lounge, some of the other associates slipped on some detail. A couple times, we had ordered tea or coffee only to have to make a second request before being served. More than once, Alexandria was the one to come to the rescue of one of her co-workers who had forgotten something. 

Everything about the lounge at St. Pancras is first class, from breakfast in the morning, to afternoon tea and evening canapes and beverages. It requires an extra level of service to make it run smooth. All that would need to happen to make it run flawlessly is to have three Alexandrias staffing the lounge. Either that, or to have Alexandria do her job and step to cover for the lapses of whoever else is on duty. 

More than anyone else I can recall at any Marriott lounge I've visited, Alexandria is extremely deserving of a Spirit to Serve award. In addition to nominating her, I will keep my fingers crossed that she is selected. 

Outcomes