skysurfr

Platinum Breakfast at a full service Marriott. :-(

Discussion created by skysurfr on May 3, 2019

Platinum Breakfast.

After several stays at a competitor, I checked into a full service Marriott on Tue afternoon.  I was upgraded to the "executive floor" from the King delux floor. <shrug>.  I was told breakfast was available ONLY in the lounge for me. 

I thought I could also eat in the restaurant. My confusion was that at the other brand hotel, with some good status, I was offered breakfast in the lounge, breakfast in the main dinning room, afternoon tea with full snacks drinks etc, evening cocktails and enough food for a nice meal in the evening.   Whoops, I forgot I was at a Marriott.... in the lounge breakfast was about 30% of what it was in the full restaurant.  I was told I was welcome to have breakfast in the restaurant were all sorts of options were available, and then charge it to me room and pay for it.  (Outch)

Bottled water was available for purchase only.  In the room they provided a giant bottle of water, but you couldn't take it with you anywhere. Its a nice perk to be able to grab a bottle to go when you're running out the door for the day.  

So much for having "status"...

It was London at the airport, since you're going to ask. 

I had a chuckle when I switched my payment method to the competitors credit card, so I'd get points with them. 

It was also heart warming to get an email stating.. THIS STAY IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SUITE NIGHT UPGRADES

even though I hadn't asked for one. 

On the bright side, trying to finish positive, the staff was very nice, the hotel was clean comfortable and quiet. 

Outcomes