AnsweredAssumed Answered

Suite Night Reward Approved but not available at check-in

Question asked by itelldadjokes1 on Apr 28, 2019
Latest reply on May 2, 2019 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I want to start this off by I'm not one to usually complain and I'm new to Marriott Insiders.  I'm Platinum Elite and for the most part feel like Marriott does a good job appreciating our loyalty.  That being said, my wife and I just returned from a night at Marriott Houston Marquis and while the hotel was nice, we were underwhelmed with the service and the attitudes of their employees.  I booked the room with points and attempted to use one of my Suite Night Rewards on an Executive Suite.  To my surprise, it was approved!  I told my wife and we we're both looking forward to the nice treat.  When we arrived, our room was not ready, so we dropped off our stuff and headed to the Astros game, the main reason of our trip.  When we got back that evening, we got our stuff and headed up to our suite with some friends to go have a drink in our suite before dinner.  When we went to our room, we realized that it was not a suite like we were promised.  Not wanting to cause a scene, I didn't say anything until this morning when I was checking out.  When I brought it up, they said "maybe next time try when were not as busy."  He said they would return my suite night reward.  I called Marriott customer service and they agreed that this was BS and said he reommended to the hotel that they should refund my initial points (35,000).  I thought that sounded fair, but I just heard back from them and they said they're crediting me 5,000 points for my trouble.  Doesn't Marriott have a guarenteed room type perk for Platinum members?  Should I continue to fight or just consider it a lost cause?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes