bwbsmom

Best Rate Guaranteed - Claim Denied

Discussion created by bwbsmom on Apr 25, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2019 by brightlybob

After searching through this forum, I understand that this is a pretty common thing. 

Hotel - Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica

Yesterday while browsing and comparing pricing, I found a cheaper rate on Agoda for this same hotel- same room- same dates, etc. I had actually called the Marriott customer service line and explained that I found a cheaper rate. The rep informed me to book through Marriott (Which he then proceeded to help me do, over the phone) and advised me to fill out the BRG form. 

Room Type: (2) Queen Beds- Classic Room

Marriott Rate: $283/ night - (Total: $731.88)

Agoda Rate: $264/ night -(Total: $612.48)

The Marriott rep read through every single detail of the Marriott reservation listing and compared it to the listing I had found on Agoda -it was a perfect match! He even read through the BRG terms and conditions and told me that this claim shouldn't be a problem, as everything was a match. However, he did note that the decision wasn't in his hands/department, so he couldn't guarantee anything, but did everything to the best of his ability to help me out. He also advised me to screenshot the Agoda listing and even paste the Agoda link on the claim form, which I did.

I received an email this morning from, Laurie, who says that my claim is denied. She stated that when she pulled up the hotel listing on Agoda, the same room type was showing for $294/night. I searched for the hotel through Agoda this morning, and see that the prices still reflect $264/night for my exact hotel room. 

Outcomes