mekgolfski

Truly disrespected and personally offended

Discussion created by mekgolfski on Apr 17, 2019

I was scheduled to attend a meeting in Bradenton on April 11, 2019.  My travel first took me to PBI then MIA then across to TPA then to Bradenton.  On April 9 (original reservation was for one night 4-10 to 4-11) early morning my flight was canceled due to fog ...as a result my entire trip destinations were changed.  The second I found out about my trip I contacted the Bonvoy Elite Line... I am Lifetime Titanium with over 1600 nights.  I had a wonder agent who handled the cancellation of the Residence Inn in Sarasota/Bradenton.- read me the comments she added and sent a copy to the hotel and to me with a cancellation number. On April 10, 2019 I was charged for my room.  When I contacted the property I was told the cancellation was after their cancel date.  I asked to speak to the manager on duty (she may or may not have been the manager) who told me basically there was nothing that could be done and my charge would stand.  I explained all of the circumstances above.  Basically she could care less and actually hung up on me.  Since this is certainly NOT the treatment usually given to Marriott or Starwood elite members I again contacted the Elite Line.  The gentleman with whom I spoke was appalled by the treatment and escalated my call to a top level Customer Service professional.  This woman was also apologetic, recorded all of the details with names provided, gave me a case number and told me that the matter would be handled.  I had asked for the actual General Manager to contact me...that has not happened as of the time of this discussion.  I appreciate the efforts of the elite agents on my behalf.  It is truly sad that one person can impact 30 years of travel - satisfaction - respect of one of the Marriott's top travelers for a lifetime by one "I'm going to dig in" incident.  Marriott/Bonvoy members ...Beware of the Residence Inn Bradenton /Sarasota.  All members ...be aware of the cancellation policy for each hotel and if you cancel after the designated period with cause - do not assume the the property reads the comments sent on your behalf...follow up with a call.  I truly hope this narrative - written in frustration is helpful to others in the future.  In closing - I truly applaud the efforts of the Elite Reservation line and the Elite Customer Service department.

Marie Koch 

Titanium Member

Outcomes