gate68

Suite Night award Useless for me

Discussion created by gate68 on Mar 27, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2019 by globaltreker

I tried the suite night award certificate for a trip in Florida to upgrade to the largest suit. I usually get upgraded 75% of the time with my Marriot Bonvoy Status.  I was checking to see if the hotel had availability for my dates, and yes suites were still available. 5 days came I checked and my status was still pending. So I called and someone at customer service told me to wait two more days until Monday. This afternoon while checking online and on my app, I could not access my next 2 stays this week. Even customer service was struggling and was having the same issues. It seam it was an afternoon glitch issue,

Came home after that to find out that my Suite Night Award request. was rejected after I had requested it several months in advance! Suite is still available at the hotel

I really, really regret having taking theses famous suite night awards. I would like Marriot customer service to allow me to change them for a free night. This is definitely a rip off in my case.

I feel sorry for the people on the phone at Marriot that hear us complaining and they can't do anything to help us. The CSR  had mention to me that she had several complaints about the suite night award. How can a reputable company offer something like this if it knows that multiple people are not happy and Marriot totally ignore our dissatisfaction?

Outcomes