jeffwilliams

Resort Rant - Am I the only one who feels this way?

Discussion created by jeffwilliams on Mar 9, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2019 by placestoseeandgo

Here's a note a sent to my ambassador last week. I redacted it a bit to protect the innocent.  She is terrific by the way.  I've got a ton of value from the program.  She was no match for resort arrogance and indifference though.  Anyone else feel this way?

---------------

My experiences are so interesting relative to Marriott.

I put in all these nights on business, where I’m not really that price sensitive, where I get treated fantastically as a top tier client/member/guest.  The level of care at your properties across the world is really high for a guy like me.  I also feel that whether it’s New York, Chicago, London, Atlanta, Miami, Mumbai, Delhi, Montreal – anywhere really…………………….except for the Resorts.  At the resorts, whether it’s Mexico, Hawaii, and/or now the Caribbean, I feel like they really can’t be bothered and that all guests will get what they get.

For an executive that lives on the road, it’s the moment of truth.  I’m rewarding my family for all of what they put up with….and the times where you want your loyalty to matter the most, it usually matters the least. Whether it’s lack of upgrades, breakfast, or just being treated like I usually do at your properties -- whatever it is. I’d encourage Marriott to flip this paradigm on its head.  Make those moments that should be spectacular just that….for the ones we care about.

Just a thought from someone who, by the end of this year, will have spent 2 years of my life in your hotels.  Appreciate your great service {ambassador name}.

Outcomes