vickiinvirginia

Why a Physical Membership Card Matters

Discussion created by vickiinvirginia on Mar 7, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2019 by twaii

While I'm sure Marriott has no interest in helping me get a status match with another hotel entity, nor should they, I will be stuck in April at a fancy-dancy Hilton Tapestry Collection hotel and spa for a convention with no Marriott within several miles.  I have absolutely no choice but to stay at this Hilton.  To prepare for this stay, I've had NUMEROUS email discussions back and forth with Hilton about matching status.  I've combined a screenshot showing Lifetime Titanium status/account number and a screenshot of my account showing my first and last name/account number.  I combined these into 1 jpg and included it along with my latest Marriott bill (and boy-oh-boy, have I been spending at Marriott the last 10 days!).  Hilton won't accept the combined  jpg because they want a card showing my first and last name.  I've explained that there is no such card.  I've explained everything I can think of to explain, and sent other documentation.  I have no more ideas.  There are several older threads about status matching on Insiders, and I've read them and followed the advice therein, to no avail.  If Marriott had a hotel available where I'm going, I'd stay there, but they don't, so if I have to stay at a Hilton, I'd like to have the matched status.  I just want a membership card that shows my whole name.  Why is that so hard?

Outcomes