ssindc

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott - A Winner (Happy Spouse, Happy Customer)!

Discussion created by ssindc on Mar 1, 2019

Just one night at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, but my spouse loved the room (suite) ... and when my spouse is happy, I'm happy!

I know I'm not alone on this ... but it really does matter.... 

As a long-time road warrior (now Lifetime Titanium) and Insider (on this site), one of the most valuable things (to me) about my ("earned"?) status with Marriott-SPG-Bonvoy (or, for that matter, United), is that ... on those infrequent occasions when my spouse (or my family, or for that matter, my friends or colleagues ... but most importantly, my spouse) is travelling with me, I want my spouse to benefit from my "status" and enjoy special treatment.  Sometimes that happens, sometimes it doesn't.  This one was a success story.

• OK, it was a (really) nice room;
    • High floor, corner room/suite, killer views in two directions, lots of big windows;
    • Well worth the upgrade - yes, I (successfully) burned a suite night upgrade coupon - but this was a very nice suite (particularly for the NYC area, where rooms tend to be smaller/cramped;
    • Bonus points for doors that separate the rooms (including the bathroom), so, for example, the bedroom could be (fully) dark, while the living room was being enjoyed....
    • Living room was large, nicely furnished ... very long (and comfortable) couch ... nice lounge chair ... My spouse's reaction was: we're coming back here, inviting our friends, and hosting a party in this room ... OK, that may be a bit over the top, but we could've entertained a a couple/few other couples, and they would've enjoyed the view....
  • VERY attractive, large, comfortable (lots of seating options/configurations), nicely managed, well stocked lounge ... 
    • it seemed to me that this was one of those multi-use lounges - in other words, folks could pay for the breakfast buffet, at which point they had access to the lounge ... but when I was there (both in the evening, when I went there to work, and in the morning for breakfast) it wasn't crowded.

• Nice, friendly, informative, warm staff at the front desk ... and in the lounge ... 

• Minor nit - parking rates were (very) high ... as I often do in large urban areas, I used SpotHero, and parked one block away for half (yes half) the daily rate...

Outcomes