This is part 2 of my annual category analysis. This graphic shows the number of venues that were in existence in 2010 and are sill viable in 2019 and how the points have shifted or remained static throughout the years.
How to read this chart (using the second row, first three cells as the example):
- "Down": in 2019, the points for these different tiers are down from 2010.
- "10,000": in 2010, 10,000 points were required
- "111": number of venues that have seen a decrease from 10,000 (2010) to 7,500 (2019)
- 1,113 venues have seen a net decrease in redemption points for 2019 versus 2010 points
- 519 venues are the same number of redemption points in 2019 as they were in 2010
- 3,561 venues have seen a net increase in redemption points for 2019 versus 2010 points
For those interested in which 2 venues (circled in red) went from 20,000 points in 2010 to 85,000 points in 2019, they are:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas