dannette

The Edition, Miami Beach FL - a relaxing and rewarding stay

Discussion created by dannette on Feb 5, 2019

#Platinum Premier Elite Member - 120 nights business nights last year and wanted a High End getaway to spoil the my wife with Marriott Reward Points. 

BIG PICTURE;

The Edition, Miami Beach FL was a relaxing and rewarding stay, courteous and attentive staff, great directions to local top shelf cuisine, will recommend and return!

DETAILS;

I was torn between the Miami Beach W Hotel and the Edition. Disappointed by some reviews on the Marriott Forum on staff at both properties and here to share – NOT MY EXPERIENCE, and I am so please I discounted those reviews.

Selected the Edition for two reasons – 1st the night club is in the basement, which would allow for sleep – rather than listening to the thump, thump, thump till three in the morning on a Friday and Saturday night (this was an assumption and never heard a sound any night). Second was the welcoming conversation and email correspondence I had early with Youssef Bali, Concierge (youssef.bali@editionhotels.com). He was welcoming, sophisticated and prepared to make our trip a marvelous one – that was comforting, refreshing and this was the place for us for Holiday, using our Marriott Rewards Points and ready to enjoy our first EDITION experience. 

Another standout was Ameilia Nunez, Concierge (amelia.nunez@editionhotels.com) who shared the Edition’s fitness calendar of activities in advance, offsite fitness options, off property activities and a marvelous list of local restaurants with good details (ask for it). We shared our restaurants of interests, dates and times and she provided a prompt itinerary. SEASPICE was our favorite!

You remember staff by their pleasant and polite demeanor. Bellmen K Rod and Shawn started off our arrival in great fashion with handling our things and history of the property. We arrived earlier than our check in time (4:00 pm) and the front desk welcomed our arrival with a cocktail and advised they would text message once our room was ready. 

One of our most rewarding days was a short trip to the cabana by the pool. The Edition’s tropical garden and pools maybe one of the best in Miami Beach. We peaked over a number of fences and walked properties for future stay options and still would consider the Edition as our top choice. The Pool area at the W is lovely and modern - if you want the tropics and more privacy options go with the EDITION. Well designed and attractive, while allowing those a nice variety of options and excellent beach access.

All staff members regularly greet you warmly, make their rounds to make sure all the guests were taken care of. We felt welcomed, spoiled and high marks to Daniel (Cabana) and Michael (Food & Beverages + great attitude) who checked on us regularly, all while being polite and most important, not disruptive.

The Matador and Market restaurants are on site and both serve a wonderful variety of food. Servers would often use our surnames, while address ours needs - nice touch but not always found. The Matador has a Spanish theme, best described as a great steak house with a nice variety of tapas. Indoor or outdoor seating overlooking the pool - nice choice at night with their lighting – Tapas octopus and separate dish of pork taco worthy of a revisit. The Market has a great brunch with high end meats, cheeses and marvelous variety of fruits and side dishes. Indoor and outdoor eating available as well. Many of the restaurants in Miami have 18% gratuity built into their check, so don’t get carried away unintentionally over tipping.

Morning Yoga is available, and we capitalize on this daily (great cueing), as well, as a complete fitness center. All the standard beach goodies are there as expected, but again, courteous and attentive staff out there as well, adds to the experience. 

Very much enjoyed our Edition stay, will return and certainly recommend.

Special thanks to Youssef 

Outcomes