smorne

BONVOY not so BON to its Corporate users

Discussion created by smorne on Feb 4, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2019 by newdaddy

New or refined programs most often means less benefits to it's users and I don't expect this one to be any different. There is always a big marketing stunt behind this to make people believe that this will benefit them when really it's a way for corporations to cut down on benefits to its users. 

I reached out to the JW Marriott that I usually stay at while travelling and where I am staying on average 10-12 nights per month.  

I was made aware this morning that with the new ''BONVOY'' brand that all perks that I was receiving when I was travelling will no longer be available to me as I am booking my rooms through my corporate website.  So in short:  No more welcoming points, no more upgrades, no lounge access etc...  nothing for anyone unless you book your room directly through the Marriott website...  This will have major impact on most people travelling for work as these were perks that everyone enjoyed while being away from their families... Kinda takes away the ''Bon'' out of the ''BONVOY''.... Maybe a good time to check with other brands if they will still give benefits to the people that fill their hotels during weekdays... Sooo sad...

Outcomes