Visited the Delta Hotel in Calgary recently after a major renovation. Some strange and bizarre things - the lounge is gone and replaced by a Pantry stocked with some good drinks and snacks available 24/7. No where to sit - it's a grab & go concept despite being on the 24th floor with awesome views. "breakfast' is available ONLY up to 9am with tiny croissants you would get from Costco, porridge and some danish - a new twist on the continental I assume. Here is my beef:
- this will soon become a standard for Delta hotels.
- Delta is far up there in being one of Marriott's premier brand. Fairfield Inn offer you better breakfast choices.
- what does it say about how they value Elite members? The so called breakfast is a radical change from before when they had a signature lounge.
- Why not use the consistent empty big restaurant you have downstairs, Snow & Canoe and offer Elites a full breakfast?
- if it's grab & go, go put it in the basement but with that awesome view, why on the 24th floor with nowhere to stay and just relax & chill.
Anyone been ? thoughts?