crazy4maui

Hotel Review: Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, NC

Discussion created by crazy4maui on Jan 5, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2019 by hikers84

Booked a reward stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville 12/29/18-1/3/19.

Arrived at 4:00 p.m. on the 29th and was told there was no water in the hotel (pipe burst in the downtown area).  Were told they could not check us in until water was restored.  Asking why they could not check us in... they said they could not properly clean rooms without water.  Told us they might have water by 8:00 p.m. we could check back then or we were welcome to find another place to stay.   We truly felt they had zero empathy for their clientele.

Went out and got back to the hotel a little after 9:00 p.m.  Still no water and they were still saying they could not check us in until water was restored; because, they could not properly clean rooms without water. 

We decided to sit in the lobby. While sitting there, we could see them whispering to certain guests and doing what appeared to be checking them in and giving them keys. We finally asked one of those guests as they were walking to the elevator if they just got a room and they said yes. We went to the desk and demanded a room, which they did give us. Mind you there was still no water in the hotel; but, they miraculously had a room for us.

FYI – I am Platinum Premier Elite. I did not get any recognition of my status at check-in, no platinum gift and obviously no attempt at a room upgrade. 

The next morning we went down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast (Red Stag Grill). When we answered no to the question of did we have reservations, the snotty hostess told us we could sit in the bar but the restaurant was full. I went on to open table and booked a table for 20 minutes later. When we got there we were seated into a restaurant that was less than 50% full.

They even forgot to take my credit card at check-in and demanded I pay cash at checkout for my room charges (parking plus that one breakfast at the Red Stag Grill).

This is a nothing hotel, with minimal amenities. For the life of me. I cannot understand how this place gets such good reviews.

They have yet to send me a guest survey, so I have no way to leave a proper hotel review.  Posted this here, so my voice might get heard.

Outcomes