melroseman

Travel package confusion

Discussion created by melroseman on Jan 3, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2019 by houstonfoodandwine

OK...I have been patient with Marriott reps given all the changes.  But it's been months now and things should be better.

I had an old category 7 certificate that of course now maps only to a category 5, so I called to a) get an extension of a "new" category 5 certificate and upgrade it to a "new" category 6 which more closely approximates the hotel selection of the old category 7 I had.  After a half-hour or so on hold while the CSR "investigated": it was ultimately extended so I am the proud owner of a category 5 5 night certificate (as a vacation club owner).

I then asked about upgrading it to a "new" category six.  After another long hold I was told it would be 135,000 points.  I said that was ridiculous, the difference to get one is 40,000 points, and I could do the whole 5 nights for 200,000 points so I said goodbye.

Tried again today.  First CSR said we don't upgrade travel packages anymore.  That was the first I heard, so I asked for a supervisor.  I got another CSR that said "we don't upgrade travel packages anymore"  When I asked again for a supervisor I was told it was a 25 minute wait.  Since it had already beey 45 minutes I said "No thank you"

Is this the new policy?

Outcomes