bethbeth519

Suite Night Upgrade: The "gotcha"?

Discussion created by bethbeth519 on Dec 21, 2018
Latest reply on May 8, 2019 by brightlybob

I currently have two reservations at the JW Marriott Cancun in May 2019: a standard room for 180K points and a Club 91 premium oceanfront room for 300K points (both reservations for 5 nights). I have 7 suite night awards (SNA) remaining and would like to apply them to one of the reservations. To obtain the best bang for my "buck" (points), I wanted to attach the SNA to the Club 91 room as that room category includes the upgrade to the club lounge, to include 5 food offerings each day and an open bar from 6-10pm each night as well as ground transportation (to/from hotel from airport). I've come to find out that Marriott is full of "gotchas" in that it appears that IF I use the SNA for the Club 91 room (to upgrade to the Grand oceanfront suite) I most likely will lose the Club 91 access, even though I'll still be charged the 300K points. I am also aware that I could go with the 180K point room and apply the SNA to get the Grand oceanfront suite without the Club 91 access, saving me 120K points for not having Club 91 access. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of "gotcha" when using SNAs? Has anyone used their SNA and still kept the option they "paid" for? Any suggestions/recommendations are welcome! 

Outcomes