iahflyr

Loyalty Programs & Our Kids

Discussion created by iahflyr on Dec 19, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 24, 2018 by pey

As the year is winding down and many of us are getting in those last of the year flights, hotel stays and car rentals to reach the next Elite level I thought, did any of us pass along our desires to reach that next Elite level to our children?  As one who in years past would spend an afternoon flying (maybe IAH-AUS-IAH or similar close routes) to grab the last few airline segments/miles of the year I needed to reach 1K on United, it must have rubbed off on my Son.

The kid was given some really bad insights it would appear as he needs four segments on AA to reach their AAdvantage Executive Platinum status.  So in his infinite wisdom he decides to fly OKC-DFW-IAH on Saturday morning, see some of his pals, attend a holiday gathering with us that evening spending the night at our house and have Sunday brunch with us before heading back home IAH-DFW-OKC that evening.  Although the boy was raised in Marriott's he has ventured over to Hilton and achieved Diamond status with them along with the AA status. 

While we very much appreciate him coming home to see us it makes me wonder if I ruined him for life!!   Oh, then on Christmas Eve (Monday) he puts the dogs in the SUV and drives the six hours back here for a few days spending time with family and friends.  

What's your story of loyalty programs and your children?

Safe and Happy Holidays to all plus a productive 2019 in loyalty (whatever it may turn out to be with Marriott). 

Outcomes