AnsweredAssumed Answered

Residence Inn - Phoenix / Mesa - Fiesta Mall

Question asked by offhegoes on Dec 13, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2018 by offhegoes

Has anyone stayed at this property before?  Thinking of booking it for 30-40 days in Feb/March for some Cubs spring training action with my dad.  We each need our own bed and they don't have studio rooms with 2 queen beds so we would need a 2BR suite.  The RI Tempe downtown has studio's with 2 beds but that would be quite a bit more in pts for such a long stay as it's a CAT4 and the RI Mesa is a CAT3.  That's 210K pts saved for a 35 night stay.

If anyone has stayed at this RI in Mesa near Fiesta Mall please let me know how the property/bfast/rooms/pool etc is.  Looks a little dated but it would work out great for the points level and location for us.  Also, if we stay 35 nights that would get me to 50 for the year with the 15 CC ENCs added in which would be a nice start to 2019.

Also....If I book a standard studio or 1BR suite with my points, can I get upgraded to a 2BR suite with LTPP status?  How does RI handle their upgrades to the 2BR suites?  Thought I read something recently here that they changed some policy on that.  Are the upgrades done thru the property or Marriott Rewards?  Can they upgrade immediately after booking or is it only upon checkin or a certain period of time before checkin?  Not confident it will happen at checkin for such a long stay during Feb/March high season.  Is there any rhyme or reason to how the upgrades work for RI?

If anyone has stayed at this RI in Mesa Arizona near Fiesta Mall please let me know how the property/bfast/rooms/pool/staff etc is.  TIA and Go Cubs!

Outcomes