AnsweredAssumed Answered

Honeymoon Upgrades

Question asked by jmcclo94 on Dec 13, 2018
Latest reply on May 30, 2019 by ellsworthm1

Hi all!

TL;DR: I want to get the best room possible for my future wife and me, and I don't know which way to go about it!

I thought this question would be better suited for a group of experienced travelers before I call customer service.

I have been fortunate enough to cover my upcoming honeymoon with some aggressive work travel over the last couple years, and I am hoping to get the best experience possible for all the effort. Before the merger, I booked the 7 Night Hotel + Air package for the Kauai Marriott Resort, and will also be staying an additional night paid (8 nights total on one reservation). This year I managed to reach PPE and now have 10 SNAs at my disposal. For some reason the best suites are not an option to upgrade using SNAs, and I can only assume this is because the redemption is always the most basic room, so here's the big questions:

1. If I call to upgrade my room in an effort to use SNAs for the corner suite, will I now have to shell out waaay more points to cover for the new system?

2. If I use SNAs on a nicer room, can I be further upgraded at check-in? Or will I be required to take the room I am suite night awarded?

3. Is it better for me to just roll the dice and hope for a suite (pun intended) upgrade at check-in since it is my honeymoon, and I am PPE?

Sorry this is so much! Thanks everyone!

Outcomes