AnsweredAssumed Answered

Q about Status Earning at Year End

Question asked by hikers84 on Dec 12, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2018 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

I am currently Premiere Platinum Elite until February 2019. I am potentially able to requalify with 75 nights stay by year end. I have a choice benefit available which I could choose 5 elite night credits. I am currently at 57 nights that would bring me to  62 nights. I can book 2 nights cheaply this weekend and the additional nights needed at the end of the year. I already have some stays booked.  QUESTIONS:If I hit 75 nights on December 31 and checkout Jan 1, do the nights count toward 2018 totals? Does the 5 elite night choice benefit count toward earning status? If everything goes according to plan and the elusive 75 nights are earned by year end, how long would that status last?

We are leisure travelers and actually have over 30 nights elsewhere this year due to family emergencies where Marriott stays were not possible. I was suppose to have earned 2 nights at the RI Thanksgiving weekend that wasn't(walked and still fighting for my benefits). The holiday season, especially this one is a very difficult time for us. The thought of escaping and earning status is heavenly. 2019 is my husband's 55th birthday and our 35 anniversary, so the thought of points (currently at 270,000) and status to celebrate is also very nice. Any input or suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance and Happy Trails to all!

Outcomes