famtravel4me

The Cove Atlantis - overcharged and cant get refund

Discussion created by famtravel4me on Dec 1, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2018 by techie

My family of 4  (2 adults and 2 kids ages 13 and 7) had a fabulous trip to Atlantis in October. We stayed at The Cove. Every employee we encountered went out of their way to be gracious and helpful, it was fabulous. 

When we checked out we noticed an extra person fee for each night for The Cove, as well as for The Royal. When I asked them to take this off, we were told it was a charge from Marriott and not Atlantis and we would need to contact Marriott. 

I have emailed, spent hours on the phone, emailed again, hours on the phone again, and I have still not received a refund. When we booked (with points), no where on the website did it mention anything about an extra person fee for anyone over 11 after the first 2 adults. The csr’s claim it was there, and since it didn’t occur to me to take screen shots of the website, I have no proof. So even if we have to pay the fee for my 13-year old, there is the additional fee for an extra person at a hotel we DID NOT STAY IN. Can anyone recommend how to actually get help on this issue? So frustrating and I have been a loyal Marriott Rewards member for many years. Thanks so much!

Outcomes