hikers84

Amazing Stay at Marriott Summit Watch

Discussion created by hikers84 on Nov 28, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2018 by curiousone

I've been remiss in posting this review. My husband and I spent 2 weeks at the Park City Marriott Summit Watch from Sept 22 to Oct 6. This time period is definitely off season in Park City. The stay was perfect in every way and we would not change a thing. I took pictures in the room but they did not represent the room well.

The front desk staff were all amazingly helpful, polite and genuinely happy to see you. Every single time we walked through the lobby we were greeted like long lost friends. The lobby is gorgeous.

The units were well maintained and very roomy. Due in part because it is a ski resort, so I think they tried and did an excellent job of having extra room to store your bulky ski gear/jackets, etc..We had a 1BR unit, the first week, which had a very large BR with king bed, a Jacuzzi tub and a stand alone corner shower. The amount of space was beyond anything we have experienced. We have been timeshare owners for 20 + years and have stayed in some really awesome accommodations. We own Hyatt though and this was our first Marriott timeshare stay.

We had a full dining room, a huge, well equipped kitchen with a small breakfast table. The quietest dishwasher ever, made me wish I had a dishwasher at home. 

The living room was very roomy and comfortable with a fireplace at the far end. On either side of the fireplace, there were window seats overlooking the Plaza. I can only imagine sitting in one of those window seats watching the snow fall.

Our second week, we had a 2BR unit. We were able to stay in our original 1BR unit and the lockoff portion was opened for BR #2, which was a roomy studio type unit with mini kitchen. Unfortunately, this went unused as all our invited travel companions cancelled.

This property had wonderful activities scheduled. Some of the highlights were Chili Night, free Chili with all the fixings, your choice of vegetarian or meaty. They had a wonderful 3 member band that performed on Monday nights. Our first week, this was billed as Blues, Brews and Beer and was held outside. $5 bought you dinner and a show. We loved the band, a mix of blues, oldies and some newer stuff thrown in. Very enjoyable. Week 2 it was moved into the owner's lobby and was wine and music at no charge. One week they had adult bingo. I won a bottle of wine and resort cash which paid for the B,B&B that first Monday. On Friday nights they have local brews in the Owner Lobby, 2 beers per person. On Sunday's it's Mimosas. Both of these are free activities. Kale was the activity director and was one of the nicest guys I ever met.

The fitness center had regularly scheduled classes with Chase, a young man from Hawaii, who really knew his stuff. Since it was so very off season, oftentimes my husband and I were the only ones attending classes so Chase developed personalized programs based on our needs. As a 53 year old woman with a TBI(traumatic brain injury), injuries from a major car accident and what my doctors call "probable MS" , I have had more physical therapy than I care to think about. Chase was very good at helping me find a routine that worked for me. He even came up with some new things to try. He was friendly, outgoing and I can honestly say, I would return to Summit Watch just for his fitness classes! My husband agrees.

The Resort is situated steps off Main Street Park City. The entire area is picture perfect. Steps from our room was a lovely paved walking trail called Poison Creek Trail. There were other hiking trails around town. The main street is filled with historic buildings and as it is very hilly, it provided a wonderful walking experience that doubled as a workout.

I could go on and on about the resort and the area. The entire staff at Summit Watch was friendly, smiling and always willing to help. The people in Park City were all equally friendly and helpful. We definitely will return.

We arrived in time for the last Park Silly Sunday Market, hit a few farm markets, were there during peak leaf season and their version of Restaurant Week. We had an amazing time at an amazing resort that understands that SERVICE is part of Customer Service.

Outcomes