nmballoonist

Balloon Fiesta and Other Ramblings

Discussion created by nmballoonist on Nov 8, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2018 by nmballoonist

Wow, where have the past two months gone.  Business travel, Balloon Fiesta, personal travel, whew!  Finally got a few minutes to post something to prove I have not disappeared.  I am actually writing this while on travel and sitting in a Springhill Suites in Knoxville, TN.  I hoped to have a bit more time and make it to the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, but no such luck.

I was going to try to take some more pictures this year of the 47th Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, but didn't have much time to snap anything worth posting.  However for those of you who might be interested I am providing two links that you can use to take a look at this year's event.

The first link is to an album on Facebook posted by Bennie Bos, one of our official photographers.

https://www.facebook.com/benniebos/media_set?set=a.2310996028914517&type=3 

Bennie is a great balloon photographer who hails from the Netherlands.  We don't have Bennie's or our other photographers pictures posted on the Balloon Fiesta website yet, but should have them shortly at 

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Photo Galleries 

We also provided live streams, cleverly named Balloon Fiesta Live! during the event on Facebook and YouTube.  If anyone is interested you can go to 

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Welcome to Balloon Fiesta™ Live! and view any of the archived events.  If you look at the first day, Oct 6, Mass Ascension at 2:11:45 and 2:15:44 there is a really nice red and white balloon in the stream.  Also, at 2:17:08 on the Special Shapes Glowdeo there is some great video of Team FastTrax doing a night time jumps with lights and pyrotechnic effects.

Outcomes