thetradition

Not going to stay at a Marriott property again until the non-customer service is cleaned up....

Discussion created by thetradition on Nov 2, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2018 by maewest44

I am at my wit's end with Marriott's lack of customer service since the merger.   Two weeks ago, I came back from a trip in which I stayed at four different properties, and booked a special rate under the "Deals and Packages" tab on the property website for each stay.  All of these special rates included bonus points in various amounts.

A SpringHill offering 3,000 bonus points; 

A Courtyard offering 1,000 bonus points; 

Another SpringHill offering 2,000 bonus points; 

And finally, a Fairfield offering 2,000 bonus points.

On that Friday two weeks ago as the stays started populating, I noticed there was no bonus points.  I called the first hotel directly and was told to call Marriott.  So I called the Marriott Customer service and waited on hold for the appropriate amount of time and was finally connected with someone who indeed seemed eager to help.  You could hear a lot of typing and whatnot, left the call to speak with someone else, and at the end said that the bonus points should show up in 7 to 10 days and if not, call back and ask that it be escalated.  

After seven days, I went ahead and sent an email asking that the issue be escalated.  

Seven days later, here I am.  One of those stays is also completely missing which was reported on the follow up email as well as with the Missing Stay Form after waiting 10 days.  I have confirmation numbers, but no follow up and no resolution.  

I PAID EXTRA FOR THESE BONUS POINTS!  I EXPECT TO RECEIVE WHAT I WAS PROMISED IN EXCHANGE FOR PAYING EXTRA!   Who do I have to call to get resolution?  

After completing my trips this week, I should have achieved Platinum status with my 50th night last night, but until that missing stay described above is resolved, I won't be upgraded Platinum. 

I will not book another night with any Marriott/SPG property until this is resolved as I'm sure I won't get the appropriate platinum bonus if this isn't fixed at the time of the stay. 

I'm a Hilton Diamond member, too... and chasing platinum status with Marriott has been an awful experience.   I spend over 100 nights a year in hotels, and Marriott isn't getting any more of my business until they get it together.  Did the customer service team go on strike or something?  Absolutely horrible.  

Outcomes