bayareawolf

Hotel Review: Anahiem Courtyard Themepark Entrance

Discussion created by bayareawolf on Oct 21, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 by bayareawolf

Just finished a 3 night points stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Anaheim right across the street from Disneyland main gate.    Because the kids were in school, we could only do the 3 night stay and not redeem 4 and get 5th night free.    The park, and the hotel were all decked out for Halloween.

The place is not the closest Marriott to the park entrance, that honor goes to the Fairfield next door, but it is very close  and  is ideally located.  It is less than a 10 minute walk from the CY lobby to the security check point where they search your bags, etc., prior to getting to the entry gates at Disneyland.    There is a Panera bakery, McDonald's and Mimi's cafe almost adjacent to the property, so there are a lot of options to eat.

Over the years when visiting Disneyland, we  stayed at the Convention Center Marriott, the Residence in a few blocks away and the Springhill Suites on the back side of Disneyland, near the parking structures....this was by far the most convenient option.   We could easily walk back to the hotel in no time at all.

This is an old picture I found of the pool and play-structure.  You can see the park in the background, and the area to the left under construction is now a restaurant. The slides were fun and they have one of those

They offered me the $20 food and beverage credit or points for the stay at check-in.   I took the points, but think I probably should have taken the food and beverage credit because we picked up waters, coffee and snacks daily and could have used the credit.

As you would expect, this property is great for families.  The standard rooms have two queen beds and two bunk beds.  My kids are a little too old so they were fighting for the second queen bed and not the top bunk as they would if they were little still.  Sadly, it went unoccupied, but we still had plenty of room to sleep.  The room was quite large, beds comfortable, and the TV nice.  The bathroom was very large with two sinks, one shower/toilet in a small room and then a tub/shower combo adjacent to the sinks.   This is ideal for families all trying to hit the shower and get ready or get cleaned up prior to bed.

The staff treated us very well, very friendly and helpful.  The person who checked us in, Jalen R., even acknowledged us by our name as we entered and exited the hotel throughout our stay.   We must have made an impression on check in, not sure how he remembered our name!

Related image

All and all, really a great stay.  Some high-end amenities, great room layout and great location.   While this was just a CY, it really did have the feel of a destination resort.  I would definitely stay here again.  They had some other nice perks.  Looks like the property has its own inventory of strollers and scooters you can use/rent to take over to the park.  It was not needed for our family, I can certainly see the value for people flying in and needing those items.  While it did not have the full service Marriott breakfast option or the CL, the super close walking distance was what sold us and will bring us back again.   We typically get to the park EARLY so the morning , the Bistro was not even open for us anyway.  They had several seating areas/dining areas in the lobby that families were using throughout the day with take out pizza and food from neighboring locations, so again, ideal for families.

As you can see from this picture, there are some "view" rooms or upgrade rooms that face Disneyland.  You can easily see the fireworks from them when the park has shows.   I was not able to get an upgrade for this stay, all of the view rooms were sold out and I was on points.   I am Platinum Elite, and have had pretty good luck with upgrades, but not on this stay.  I would say that this was the only down side, although not really that bad...the room was very nice.   If you have the choice to pay for the upgrade and or are fortunate enough to get one I think it is worth it.  The side of the hotel we were on faces I5, a massive interstate highway.  While you can't see the interstate traffic, but you can hear it late at night when trying to get some sleep.

We look forward to returning again.  Great staff, great location, great room layout.  Resort living at a CY, what is not to like?

Outcomes