AnsweredAssumed Answered

Complaint Escalation?

Question asked by jjube on Oct 16, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 by communitymanagers

I am growing very frustrated with Marriott's lack of response to 2 specific complaints I have about a stay at the Halifax Residence Inn Sept 6 - 8, 2018. 

I was overcharged for the stay (charged twice) and contacted the hotel by phone on Sept 12, 2018 to let them know - I followed up with another call an email - no response.  I contacted Marriott customer service and they promised to respond within 3 to 5 business days (case 75711459) - no response.  They advised me this case had been escalated to a supervisor - it is now 2 weeks later and no response.

I also found the condition of our room to be very substandard and registered my dissatisfaction with the hotel and Marriott Customer service (case 75872366). 

The carpets had several very, very large stains, both tubs were stained, the bedroom and bathroom doors didn’t close (let alone lock); the bathroom sink was cracked, the toilet didn’t work, the toilet seat was loose and didn’t function correctly, and the windows were extremely dirty (amongst other things).  We paid over $400 per night ($1200 all in for 3 nights) at this hotel and my family and I were very disappointed. Some photos are attached.

I have not received a response to this concern either.

The several other Marriott hotels we have stayed at have all been well maintained, and the money spent in the past has been commensurate with the quality.

I would hope that Marriott would review our concerns and make some attempt to resolve our disappointment - not "promise" to have someone contact me again.  How can I escalate this to someone in Marriott who will take ownership of our concerns?

Attachments

Outcomes