edelman

Look No Further Denied

Discussion created by edelman on Oct 15, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 by brightlybob

I submitted a LNF claim yesterday because the rate I got not two but three different rates for the same room for the same dates.  The most expensive was via Marriott's phone res center.  The Marriott website showed somewhat less.  Orbitz was less still.  

Today I get an email denying the LNF because I didn't book the least expensive rate at the hotel.  I'm confused.  The rules say lowest available rate for the same room.  The hotels I booked charges a different rate for rooms with two beds.  The Marriott rep is trying to claim that this means the LNF guarantee only applies for the cheapest room in the hotel. 

So I tried calling Marriott. So far 45 minutes on hold for customer service and still waiting.  Lifetime Platinum Premium Elite member.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Am I reading the LNF rules correctly?

"With the Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee, you can rest easy knowing that the rate you find on any official Marriott reservation channel (Marriott.com, SPG.com, Marriott App, SPG App, Customer Engagement Centers, or directly with a hotel) is the lowest available rate for this room and rate type anywhere online. If you find a lower rate for the same room, let us know by submitting a claim form"

Outcomes