celined

Overcharge for room

Discussion created by celined on Oct 2, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 by celined

Good morning/afternoon,

I have recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Charlotte, Ballantyne. I had a great stay there, room was good and staff really nice. My company paid for my stay and reception gave me an invoice to confirm I didn't need to pay anything at the end of my stay.

When I came back home, I had the bad surprise to notice the hotel have taken £300 from my credit card. I have called the hotel and they told me they charged me for an extra room. They transfered my call to the Account department but nobody answered. Then, I tried to call the Customer Service (waited 1hour on the phone...) and the lady on the phone didn't confirm they will pay me back but send my information to the hotel. 

Yesterday, I called the hotel again and they confirmed they will reimburse me and they will send me an email to confirm. Of course, I didn't receive anything (what a surprise).

It has been 4 days now that you have taken money from my credit card and 4 days I am waiting for you to pay me back! Can someone please confirm when I am going to receive my payment? This is ridiculous!

Outcomes