cngoode

Cautionary Tale, Marriott Rewards Cruises

Discussion created by cngoode on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2018 by kharada46

Hello,

Many of us rewards members and particularly those that have the Marriott Rewards Visa, like me receive many e mailed offers, including those related to cruises. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer this past spring and we decided, for obvious reasons to  move up our 25th anniversary trip a year early.  We booked through Marriott Rewards Cruises for a Western Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity. There were many perks including multiple point offers and even more to use the MR Visa. We had her Nuero-Oncologists blessing to go, but I bought the offered trip interruption insurance as a precaution. 

Unfortunately complications from chemotherapy messed up her blood levels making travel unsafe. No problem, I bought the offered Aon Affinity insurance, wait problem. We filed our claim July 9, my wife's physician filled out the requested form with more detail than requested. Affinity requests more detail including records of phone conversations. All this was returned to them on September 9 and they are still slow walking the claim stating they haven't received the requested, additional paperwork. 

We are awaiting the return of our ten thousand dollars so we can take less ambitious trip in the hopefully near future. Sadly the prognosis is not promising and time is of the essence. The fight against cancer isn't a fair one, there are so many foes and add another one to the list. Marriott needs to be careful as to those that they license their name and brand to along with their affiliates. 

Outcomes