jagoiv

Customer Service Escalation - Resolve Travel Package Issue

Discussion created by jagoiv on Sep 20, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 by jagoiv

Prior to the category changes, I purchased a category 1-5 travel package certificate.  I upgraded it to a Category 6 prior to the transition, and on August 17 called to upgrade to a Category 8 to attach to an existing reservation.  However, I did not have enough points at the time to upgrade I was short 33,000 points.  (I waited because I completed a stay at a Sheraton on August 15 for points to credit from the stay, which were credited, and 2000 starwood points from the make a green choice program, which were not credited.)  I called Starwood first on August 17 to get the points credited for the make a green choice program but they were unable to credit them due to the system being down for the conversion on Aug 18.  I then called Marriott to buy points needed for the upgrade, upgrade the certificate, and attach to the reservation.  Unfortunately Marriott shutdown the ability to buy points at that point without communicating it to their members, and I was unable to upgrade the certificate.  I was told by the representative that this should be able to be resolved after the conversion process.

This week I called to get it resolved and was told it couldn't be upgraded and no apologies or any restitution for their lack of communication and this inconvenience.  Is there any way to escalate this customer service complaint?

Outcomes