pentzeroth

How to escalate a complaint to Marriott corporate

Discussion created by pentzeroth on Sep 4, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 by arizonatag

I would like to know how to escalate a complaint/issue up to corporate.  I had an issue at the San Juan Marriott Stelaris Resort, and was not happy with the hotel management team response.  We believe we had an issue with bed bugs. My son's friend saw them when he opened the coffee maker in the room to add water.  Had there not been 20-30 of them, he would not have noticed them, as they were translucent and very small. They scattered when he saw them, but he was able to get a pic of one of them.  I called down to the front desk and asked to speak to the General Manager. They said he was unavailable. The highest person they sent was the "assistant manager of housekeeping". He saw the bugs and took photos and videos of the bugs and asked if the boys had any bug bites, which they did- and he took pics of those also. I kept attempting to speak to the general manager, as I saw this as a serious issue, and he never spoke to me before I checked out.  I was able to speak to the front desk manager who told me that the bugs were "sugar ants" and that they were "harmless".  I googled a picture of a sugar ant and it looks nothing like the bugs that were in the room .  I called corporate upon my return and apparently they started a "case number" and said they would first deal with the hotel directly. I received an email from someone with the title of "director of services"  who sent me a generic email that they must use for all complaints--- as it didn't reference any of our issues-  "I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the less than perfect experience. I am very thankful to you for having brought to our attention these areas of opportunities you kindly detailed" He awarded me 80000 points but I replied that though that was generous, I wanted my entire stay to be refunded, and I wanted to hear from the general manager. I've gotten no reply in over 2 weeks.  I'm very upset that they didn't take our issue seriously.  I would like to know how to escalate this up to someone in corporate.  I spoke to the marriott rewards help desk , and she said that there is no one I can talk to , that my case just "gets input into the system by some techs, and they don't have phones to talk to customers".  am attaching pics of the bug and bites and will let the public decide.

AND NOT LIKE THIS

Outcomes