so i just got an email about changes to the Marriott Rewards Credit Card (old one) at which point I decided to check my upgrade offer - which had been 50k points for the new one. That has since disappeared.
It also looks like the 1 night per 3K still will work moving forward, but the fine print says they can cancel or change the program at any time.
I needed to get a few more nights credit with my spending between now and 12.31 to get to LTP under the old rules, but I think I'll get there this month.
Should I cancel my current card for 2-3 months and reapply for the new card? Or wait for another upgrade offer (if you think they will try again)?