jeffaycock

Unbelievably Bad Customer Service!

Discussion created by jeffaycock on May 20, 2018
Latest reply on May 23, 2018 by jeffaycock

In November 2017, I made 13 room reservations at the TownePlace Suites Denver Airport at Gateway Park for a trip in June 2018.  Eight of those rooms were Double Queen rooms, which we need for multiple families in our group.  Last week (May 2018), I was informed by the hotel General Manager Sandra Montoya that I did not have a group contract with her, and since she could make more money from some softball teams coming into town, she converted all of my Double Queen room reservations into Single King rooms.  She claimed that I did not have a contract WITH HER!  I told her that my reservation with Marriott was a binding contract because I had valid room reservations, they were confirmed with a credit card, and I was in full compliance with all of Marriott's Terms and Conditions.  She told me that she didn't care what I had, and then she hung up on me.  So now I have single king rooms for families of 4, and all area hotels are out of double rooms. 

How can Marriott treat customers like this???  Our group was going to spend over $20,000 with this hotel, and I was treated like a second class citizen!  It's not right, and it certainly isn't "HOSPITALITY".

BTW - The hotel GM was one of the most arrogant and rude people that I have ever encountered!

Outcomes