AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to reward a housekeeper for turning in jewelry left behind...

Question asked by kobla on May 9, 2018
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by pey

Last week, I left my wedding ring and a pair of diamond stud earrings on the desk in a Pensacola Courtyard.  12 hours after checking out, I realized I had left them behind in a drinking glass on the desk.  I immediately called and the night clerk did not know anything and there was no note left by housekeeping.  The next morning I spoke to the manager and she didn't see the jewelry in the locked closet for lost and found.  She got my number and told me she would get in contact with the housekeeping supervisor who was off and would get back to me.  She called me about 30 minutes later and said she had the jewelry and she would FedEX Overnight Priority. 

I am so thankful and so grateful to have my jewelry back.... I would like to send a reward.  What is appropriate?  And how should I go about it--Do I send it directly to the housekeeper at the hotel(marked personal and confidential)?  Or should I send something through either corporate or through management at the hotel?

Just to give an idea of what was at stake...ring is 2 carat solitaire with 1 carat on each side and the earrings were 2 carats each.  I really want to show my appreciation but honestly have no idea what is acceptable or even how to put a price on it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes