AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spring Megabonus Rewards Help

Question asked by tikoh on Apr 24, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 by communitymanagers

Hello all,

I've recently come back to Marriott after focusing on Hilton for a few years. I made good use of the fall megabonus, but only made three stays during the spring time frame. Each of the three stays included a weekend, so I expected to receive a 6000 point bonus. My second stay was a redemption stay. As it turns out, I only received 2000 points. When I contacted Marriott Rewards via Twitter, I got the following response:

Hi Timothy! Your first two stays when you were enrolled in the Spring MegaBonus promotion were redemption stays. Your third stay was a paid stay. As stated in the terms of the promotion, "Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 31, 2018 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with their second stay. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit."

Am I missing something? First, that still doesn't explain the 2000 point reward vs 3000 points. Second, nowhere in the terms of the promotion does it mention redemption stays. It actually says, "A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

Any insight on this would be helpful. Thanks.

Outcomes