AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott Agent BOOKED THE WRONG hotel - HELP

Question asked by lauriconwayjohnson on Apr 3, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2018 by globaltreker

Reservation #  92663202 -

I was in the middle of making a reservation FOR 3 ROOMS and 9 PEOPLE and had a question about the hotel rooms so I called Marriott customer number. I specifically told the agent (I understand these conversations are recorded) that I needed to book at this hotel and that I needed to be in the CITY CENTER.  He took over my reservation and booked for me.  I was grateful for his help as he assured me he had been doing this for 20 years and was an expert. 

Unfortunately several days later I pulled up the reservation to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel and discovered the he HAD NOT booked me in the CITY CENTER but he had booked me 35 miles in the OPPOSITE direction. 

I called Marriott to get assistance.  Not only was I told too bad.  I DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE ON MY RESERVATION...The MARRRIOTT AGENT TOOK OVER MY RESERVATION AND MADE THE MISTAKE.  I prepayed of course and am out $600. I believe I have completely been wronged and possibly scammed out of $600.  Now I have to spend more than twice that amount for the correct rooms and will be out $1800 for one nights stay thanks to the agents mistake.

Outcomes