tker

More Website "Fun" . Reservation "In Progress"

Discussion created by tker on Feb 16, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 by globaltreker

So, this week a new Marriott.com development. 24 hours before two different reservations I had, the status changed to "in progress" in my list of upcoming reservations. I had not done online check in in either case. Not a big deal you say....well, it was--and could be for you.

When the reservation changed to "in Progress", you can no longer view it anymore. You can see the preview in the list-showing location and dates of stay. However, you can not "open" it to see room type, rate etc. This is unacceptable IMHO.

While traveling to Cancun, I received an email that the JW Cancun had deducted 180K points for this stay and my room no longer had a guaranteed king. This was an issue because this stay was booked with a 5 night TP and had a guaranteed king at time of booking. (The TP certificate had simply vanished. )Sadly, as the reservation was now "in progress" before I arrived...I couldn't view it.

I was able to call MR on a layover and get everything sorted out after 20 mins on the phone.

But why would Marriott think this is a good idea??? When we need to see this info, its important. To block it, is really not customer friendly. I have not seen a website development team miss so many steps.

Outcomes