mustanggt

Hotel Review- JW Marriott Desert Ridge

Discussion created by mustanggt on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 by mustanggt

I recently had back to back stays at two different JW Marriotts in Scottsdale as part of a family vacation.  I will review one here, the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.  I will post a review of the other one, the JW Camelback Resort, as soon as possible.

I have stayed at this resort before, and I was not disappointed during my return visit.  This is a large, beautiful resort and spa with multiple pools, a lazy river, multiple great restaurants (Roy's Asian Fusion and Meritage) and two fun resort golf courses right out your back door (Palmer and Faldo signature courses).  The pro shop is literally at one end of the hotel, next to the Meritage restaurant.

This JW does not have a club lounge per se, but they do have what they call the JW Griffin Club.  You do pay extra for access to this Club, just like at Ritz Carltons, but if you plan to spend any time at all at the resort it is definitely worth it.  This is the only property with this type of Club Lounge in the country.  If it proves to be successful, several other properties will feature them.  This Club Lounge is very close to a Ritz Carlton lounge in terms of comfort and offerings.  The Club offers a full hot breakfast with a chef that cooks to order, has a very nice luncheon, and late in the afternoon offers a nice selection of hot and cold appetizers, again with a chef making featured dishes such as crab cakes, tacos, etc.  Beginning at 4 pm they feature alcoholic beverages that include premium spirits.  The Club also features a concierge to help with any needs you may have and has an outdoor balcony to add to your enjoyment.  The Club is open all day for snacks and soft drinks as well.

While we were at this JW we took advantage of everything the resort had to offer.  One day we started off at the spa, followed by lunch and a round of golf, and then a relaxing float along the lazy river.  We then spent some time having "happy hour" at the Griffin Club followed by dinner at Roy's Asian Fusion.  This was definitely one of the best days I had in all of 2017!

Outcomes