according to heads at Marriott & Hilton:
Seven Ways Hotels Will Change in 2018 - Bloomberg
Wellness rooms, internet of things, turn-down service, resort fees & more!
Good stuff, thanks for sharing - it shows how up to date us Insiders are. It's pretty low hanging fruit for Ms. Edmundson, it would be cool to get the scoop on where Marriott will change in '18 (since they are pretty much already doing the below);
1) New fees - duh
2) Turn down service - Can you say Fresh Bites or USA Today?
3) Room connected - the invevitable, it just means from now on I'm only traveling with vaboy, (although they better make sure they have a system where Arne and the rest of us can 'turn on the lights') .
4) Front desk makeover - makes sense - my first experience was three years ago at the Autograph Epicurean in Tampa - no big whoop, just give me a human and a shot at The Schmooze and I'm fine. Fortunately due to Marriott's app on again, off again efficacy, I've still have a few years left
5) Brands appealing to values - new to me - terrific, more silos to make America great again
6) Wellness - once again, tip of the cap to Starwood and Westin wellness - JW just hired http://news.marriott.com/2017/12/jw-marriott-hotels-resorts-welcomes-nora-tobin-wellness-ambassador/ and off we go (can I get clothing for the class with points?)
7) Sell more than rooms - like Airbnb, this could have been a 2015 trend for 2016 - bring it on, we only live once and not that long relatively speaking - Go man go
Nice article!!, thanks for sharing.
Retrieving data ...