govman24

Communication Frustration

Discussion created by govman24 on Dec 7, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 by mustanggt

Has anyone had an issue with Marriott Rewards Customer Service not being clear about points needed as well as additional charges?

My wife and I tried to use my points recently to stay at Sawgrass Marriott in the Jacksonville area.  The representative was very nice, and told us that it would be 90K points to stay for 3 nights at the property.  We were very happy.  When we arrived at the property, we were told that we had been given a complementary upgraded to a villa.  Again, very happy.

We returned home to get a bill for $300 ($100 per night) in addition to the points I spent to stay at the property.  When I tried to explain this to the CS rep at Marriott Rewards I received this message via email.

No thought that we could be correct or that they might have made a mistake, just a cold email and denial.

I will be dropping my Marriott VISA, Marriott Rewards card, and I hope no one asks me who to stay with in the future, as I work for a rather large medical company...

Hello Mr. ,

I'm following-up on your recent contact with Marriott Customer Care regarding your billing concerns at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Marriott will not be completing a refund for the upgrade cost at this time.

I hope that you give Marriott the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Thank you,
Rosie Castillo
Marriott Guest Experience Supervisor

Outcomes