ritz

THANKSGIVING IN A FAVORITE MARRIOTT PROPERTY!

Discussion created by ritz on Nov 24, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 by jerryl

While I missed staying there this year, I have had ten Thanksgivings at a Marriott favorite!

Dearborn, (Detroit suburb), MI.

P1010065.JPG

This historic hotel was built for Henry Ford and was America first "Airport Hotel"!  The airport across the street is long gone but Greenfield Village, The IMAX, and Henry Ford's home are a short distance away.

Thanksgiving is always special here as it is usually the place the visiting NFL team stay prior to their game with the Lions.  The traditional restaurant, is hard to get reservations for, but is one of the finest places to dine in Michigan.

P1010068.JPG

The staff is first class and the Thanksgiving treatment is classic and relaxing!  BTW, the rooms are varied and you can stay in a traditional hotel room or upgrade to unique rooms that are replica's of American celebrities.  My favorite is The Edgar Allen Poe Villa, it is very comfortable and unique.

P1010071.JPG

Notice the "Free standing rooms" in the background!  Really cozy!

You will also be impressed with the Holiday decorations at The Dearborn Inn over Thanksgiving!

P1010074.JPG

The many decorations include Gingerbread Homes, cookies and of course Christmas trees!

P1010069.JPG

My friends and family have enjoyed each visit to this wonderful property at all times of the year, but Thanksgiving has left us with lifelong memories!

P1010066.JPG

We all can't wait to go back!

Could You share your Marriott Thanksgiving with all of us?

Outcomes