How do I use a 1 night free reward certificate when making a reservation online?
Once in the booking page it will tell you that you have a certificate that qualifies. Then you just click on use it.
If you are booking multiple nights I believe you still have to call or at least I did last time.
Book a reservation with the "USE POINTS" box checked. When you click to initially reserve the reservation at the desired hotel for the certificate value (usually category 1-5) the system will ask you if you want to use the free night certificate in your account. Here's Marriott's descriptive:
1. In the "Find a Hotel" box, enter your stay information and then select “Find”
2. A list of hotels will display with their individual Rewards category; select "View Rates", making sure the hotel category is within the range on your reward
3. A list of available rooms and the points normally required will display; use “Select” when you find your preferred room type
4. Confirm your room preferences and select "Continue” to open “Reservation Details”
5. On this page below "Confirm Details", you will see options to either "Attach the e-Certificate(s) below to my reservation" or "Order new e-certificate(s) and automatically deduct the points from my account." Select your certificate and then "Continue" at the bottom of the page
6. Your reservation will be completed and your confirmation number will display
Retrieving data ...