catdavid

Harriet Goldberg - Marriott Employee of the Year

Discussion created by catdavid on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by communitymanagers

I nominate Harriet Goldberg for the Spirit to Serve Award.  In my estimation, she deserves to be Marriott's Employee of the Year, so please consider that as well.  Harriet works at the New York Marriott East Side 525 Lexington Avenue at 49th Street, New York, NY 10017.  I have not even stayed at the hotel yet because my reservations are not until the end of 2017.  However, since my interactions with Harriet have been so incredible, I must nominate her now!

It started with a simple email (sent on a Sunday) from me asking a few questions about my online reservation such as connecting rooms and if a low step shower is available for my dad.  I also shared my excitement to visit New York and stay at the hotel as part of our big family vacation.  In less than 24 hours, Harriet had emailed me back and also called me to make sure she got the details right.  On the phone, she explained that she had already reviewed my reservation, connected the rooms, made sure that my dad had a comfortable bathroom and began to welcome me to New York and the Marriott.  Honestly, I was stunned that she contacted me so quickly and with such diligent details, I almost didn't know what to say.  She asked me about our plans in New York, made suggestions, confirmed our arrival time, and assured me she would follow up with an email with the details (of which she did within 15 minutes).  Her focus was on making a personal connection with me.  I have never in my life experienced such phenomenal customer service.  I hung up the phone feeling like I was a celebrity or something.  Although my trip was still 5 months away, I couldn't help but feel that I wanted to be there right then.  I felt such a huge relief, knowing that my vacation was taken care of, my dad would be comfortable and my family would experience a wonderful time in New York.

Since that phone call I have spent quite a bit of time telling anyone and everyone about my Marriott experience and  Harriett.  And as my vacation draws closer, I am almost giddy with excitement because in my mind, if customer service prior to arrival is that good, my stay is sure to be extraordinary!  Please express my gratitude to Harriett by making her a recipient of the Spirit to Serve Award, so more than deserves it!

Outcomes