Are the Fall Bonus Promotion offerings targeted or are they the same for each member?
Likely like being a parent, not supposed to have a favorite child, but.... :-)
If it is like before, you will get a choice of options, last time it was 2 nights for 10K points and that was the end or 2 K per night up to a limit of 40K or so.
One choice fits better sporadic travelers while the other is better for road warriors.
It appears everyone got the same initial Fall MegaBonus Offer
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required (but you have to know about it )
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only ("we reserve the right to cook up some tasty Amenity/Facility fees" )
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
Etc, etc, etc.
I don't believe this offer was a targeted promo, Marriott has stated all Rewards members are eligible. However, not all Rewards members A) received notice or B) were able to register without calling customer service (which makes some folks feel left out - but all members were eligible - Plat Premiers down to new members were overlooked).
The targeted portion, what I bold printed above, is what Nipper is probably discussing, but that is unknown by us players at this point. Once a few folks book a couple of stays and unlock the potential additional offer (Marriott, in their usual ambiguous fashion) then we'll have a better guess of whether it was targeted as we learn what the additional offers are. Some, as Nipper states, will probably get several additional offers, others may only get one - we should get some results in this month, since the two stay Certs are supposed to post 3-5 days after earned.
Note to agrizzy and travelinvix ; C'mon you Big Dogs! Don't be sweeping the Summer MegaBonus (80k pts and 98k respectively) and disappearing - keep us posted, thank you
I've got my first stay of this MegaBonus ending tomorrow, followed by another 1-night stay. And here, I thought I was done hotel hopping when the Summer MegaBonus ended. Here's hoping the next portion I unlock is night based rather than stay based so I can go back to my former usual 3-night stays! I'll keep you guys posted on what I unlock.
Yea I was debating the same thing. I could checkout and go across the street, but I am on a 5 day rate, so if I checkout early the rate for the 4 nights goes up and then I pay a higher rate again for the 5th night. I am hoping that I;'ll hit the max points like I usually do, and it is moot.
erc of course! The fun begins for me on September 20th (stuck in a non-Marriott non-anything hotel this week ) and I should have my second stay done a few days after that so I will definitely keep everyone posted after the initial bonus is complete.
I have four back to back stays after that second stay and I wonder if I'll have to wait the two days or if a call can nudge me into that second offer as soon as possible. I wouldn't like to see those stays go to waste.
Retrieving data ...