dponthego

Spirit to Serve - Gary at Courtyard West End in Nashville

Discussion created by dponthego on Sep 5, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by dponthego

If you ever are in Nashville for business or pleasure, make sure to stay at the Courtyard West End.  Yes, there are probably flashier hotels there, but none of them have Gary Jamison.  Gary works the afternoon/evening shift at the front desk and after staying in that hotel about 30 nights over the past two years I know that I am not alone in considering Gary to be a friend.  He greets every guest like they have known each other for years and I bet that a big reason people return to that hotel is because of Gary and his friendliness and ability to help guests get the most out of their time in Nashville through his recommendations.  He is a tremendous wealth of knowledge about the area and attractions and what is going on that day in town.  He does a great job of making every single guest feel special, too.  I value Gary's friendship so much that I will stop at the hotel and say hi even if I'm just passing through town and not staying.  In fact, on a recent trip, I stopped just to drop off the special Krispy Kreme chocolate glazed doughnuts on the total eclipse day just because I've learned that he loves Krispy Kreme.  In turn, he drops me a note via email when he knows I have a marathon coming up just as a word of encouragement.  It's people like Gary who make me feel like family when I stay at a Marriott property.  Don't ever let him get away!  He would be a great selection for the Spirit to Serve award.

Outcomes