I stumbled upon this and I thought I would share it with you all!
If you have the personal version of the SPG Amex card, you may be targeted for this special offer:
- Get 2,500 bonus Starwood points when you add an authorized user on your SPG card and the user spends $1,000 within three months
- Up to 10,000 bonus SPG points max for adding 4 authorized user cards
- Valid until September 30, 2017
So, you can add up to 4 people as Authorized Users and as long as each one spends $1,000 within 3 months of activation, you will be awarded 2,500 bonus SPG points to your account for a total of 10,000 bonus points, within 6-8 weeks. That's a potential 30,000 Marriott Rewards points!
To find out if you are eligible, click this link and log in to your Amex account: https://cardappdacq.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/supplementary/starwood-preferred-credit-c…
If eligible, it will take you to an application where you can enter your authorized users one at a time and submit your application for processing.
Here are the rest of the details:
- Additional Cards can be added at different times but must be added by September 30, 2017 through this promotional application page to be eligible for this offer
- The 3 month period for each Additional Card Member to spend $1,000 starts on the date that the respective Additional Card Member is added
- Purchases made by other Additional Card Members on your Account will not count toward the $1,000 spend requirement; your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $1,000 spend requirement
- There is no annual fee for Additional Cards; the maximum number of Additional Cards issued on each Account is 99; Additional Card Members must be at least 13 years of age and never have had a defaulted account with American Express
- The 2,500 bonus Starpoints will be applied to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member has met the purchase requirement
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. In rare instances, the period for the new Additional Card Members to spend $1,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving their Additional Cards. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date they made the transaction. (For example, if they buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).
- To be eligible to receive bonus Starpoints, the Basic Card Member’s account must not be canceled or in default at time of bonus fulfillment.
- You must notify Additional Card Members that we may obtain, provide, and use information about them and that their use of your Account is subject to certain provisions of the Card Member Agreement.
Good luck and happy earning!