lando

Terrible service

Discussion created by lando on Apr 17, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 by communitymanagers

This was a 6 day reservation for 1 King guest room at the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco.

Check in day was today, April 17th. I checked in on the mobile app on April 16th, the day before, saying that I would arrive around ~6:30pm today. I got a notification on my phone today around 3pm saying that my keys were ready. I confirmed that I was in a King room, as I booked.

When I arrived at the hotel (6:50pm), they said my keys WEREN'T ready. When I arrived at my room, it was NOT a King as I requested, but two Queens. I double-checked my phone, and sure enough, the mobile app says I was supposed to be in King room. I immediately went back downstairs and told them, but they kept saying they were out of King bedrooms. How is that possible when that is what I paid for 20 days ago? How is that possible when I checked in over a day in advance? After explaining this to them, they finally gave me a King room, but kept reminding me that they were out of King rooms. The best part is that I checked online for availability, and it says I can still book a King room for tonight right now!

Clearly they just gave my keys to someone else, and stuck me in a 2 queen room, which would explain why my keys weren't ready.

This is terrible service. I'm one stay away from Gold membership too! And I was really enjoying my stays here, but if something like this happens again, I'll be forced to take my business elsewhere. It's unacceptable to say one thing and do another.

Outcomes